1. We respect your privacy
- 1.1 We are committed to safeguarding personal privacy. Unless given consent to do otherwise and/or otherwise permissible by and/or required by law, we will only collect and use Personal Information as set out below.
2. Your Personal Information
Personal Information that may be requested or provided by you includes, but is not limited to:
- 2.1 contact information such as your email address;
- 2.2 location data;
- 2.3 your online behaviour and interests based on your online browsing activity (including social interactions);
- 2.4 information automatically collected by our software to include IP Address, cookies data, performance specifications of the user’s hardware and software, date and time of access to Our Portal and the URL of the page requested;
- 2.5 information about your experience with Our Portal;
- 2.6 the contact details of third parties. If you provide details about other people, please ensure that these individuals are happy for their details to be given to us;
- 2.7 any other Personal Information which you directly provide to us;
- 2.8 any other Personal Information requested or required for the purpose of supporting your use of Our Portal.
3. Collection of Personal Information
- 3.1 Active information collection
- 3.1.1 Personal Information may be collected by us if you:
- a. complete and submit any forms to us;
- b. communicate with any other users on Our Portal; or
- c. contact us directly in person or via any medium including but not limited to by mail, telephone, social media and via the contact forms on Our Portal.
- 3.1.2 Personal Information (your email address) is requested in order to facilitate your use of the Everyday Practice Forum and Helpdesk.
- 3.1.1 Personal Information may be collected by us if you:
- 3.2 Passive information collection
- 3.2.1 We may also collect information which tells us about visitors to Our Portal. For example, we may collect information about the location, date, time and duration of visits and which pages of Our Portal are most commonly accessed. This information is generally not linked to the identity of visitors. By accessing Our Portal via links in an email we have sent and/or by accessing Our Portal generally, you consent to the collection of such information where it is Personal Information.
- 3.2.2 Certain information can be passively collected (that is, gathered without you actively providing the information) using various technologies, such as Unique Device Identifiers (UDI), cookies, Internet tags or web beacons, and navigational data collection (log files, server logs, clickstream). In certain circumstances, this information may be considered anonymous information or Personal Information under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
- 3.2.3 Your Internet browser automatically transmits to Our Portal some of this anonymous information or Personal Information, such as the URL of the Portal you just came from, the Internet Protocol (IP) address, the UDI (if applicable) and the browser version your device is currently using.
- 3.2.5 We may use passively collected anonymous information or Personal Information to provide better service to Our Portal’s visitors, customise Our Portal based on your preferences, compile and analyse statistics and trends, and otherwise administer and improve Our Portal for your use.
- 3.2.6 By accessing Our Portal, you consent to information about you being collected, compiled and used in this way.
- 4.1 The collection of Personal Information is neither intended for, nor directed to, persons who are under the age of eighteen (18) years old. Persons under age eighteen (18) may only use Our Portal with the involvement and consent of a parent or legal guardian.
5. Purpose for collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information
Personal Information will be collected, held, used and disclosed for the following primary purposes jointly and/or severally:
- 5.2 To maintain the functionality of Our Portal;
- 5.3 To send you any technical, administrative or legal notices, whether or not these are important to Our Portal;
- 5.4 To respond to enquiries, complaints and complaints handling;
- 5.5 To improve Our Portal and system administration;
- 5.6 To record statistical data for marketing analysis and to conduct market research; and
- 5.7 To the extent permissible by law, for any other purpose as may be deemed reasonably necessary by us in the circumstances.
6. Protection of Personal Information
- 6.2 These exceptions include, but are not limited to, data entry, database management, analysing data, providing search results and links, and providing customer service.
- 6.4 We reserve the right to use or disclose any information, including Personal Information, as needed to satisfy any law, regulation or legal request, to protect the rights or property of us, or any member of the public, to protect the integrity of Our Portal, to fulfil your requests, or to cooperate in any law enforcement investigation or an investigation on a matter of public safety.
7. Storage and security of Personal Information
- 7.1 We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any Personal Information recorded. The information is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities. This service may be performed on our behalf and data may be hosted by our selected data storage providers. In some cases, these facilities may be overseas or may be operated by cloud computing.
8. Links to other websites
- 8.1 Our Portal may contain links to the Websites of other organisations which may be of interest to you. Their inclusion cannot be taken to imply any endorsement or validation by us of the content of the third-party Website. Linked Websites are responsible for their own privacy practices and you should check those Websites for their respective privacy policies, practices or statements. We are not responsible, nor do we accept any liability, for the conduct of organisations linked to Our Portal.
9. Access and correction to your Personal Information
- 9.1 You have the right to access and review your Personal Information that may be recorded on our database. Information may be reviewed by emailing [email protected]. A small administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. Please allow 30 days for this request to be processed.
- 9.2 We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
10. Data retention
- 10.1 We retain your Personal Information for as long as is necessary or your account is active or as needed to facilitate your use of Our Portal. If you no longer want us to use your Personal Information, you may close your account . However, we may retain and use your Personal Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations and resolve disputes.
11. Changing and deleting information we have about you
- 11.1 Information contained on the database may be deleted if you send a request to [email protected]. Please allow 30 days for this request to be processed.